NBX Cyclocross \ VERGE Final Weekend.

B Men

Hunter lined up for both days of the final Verge Race weekend. He was bummed to have missed the Sterling weekend in its entirety due to a cracked rib. Here are his thoughts on NBX:
"I was not sure how I would feel. With no racing in 2 weeks and only 1 or 2 intense rides in that time period I was definelty nervous at the start Saturday. Because I scored some points at Northampton, I got a call up into the 3rd row of 10 riders each. There's a big difference between the 3rd and the 4th row. The start was also in my favor as it was a solid 400-500 meters of straight road \ grass before the first sweeping corner. I knew that if I just stayed on the gas, a seam would open up to the front group before the corner and that is what happened. I jumped from 15th to 6th in the final part of the start chute". A lap and half later, Hunter benefited when 3 riders in the front group, 5 seconds up, tangled up and went down in a corner. He went by and was able to hang on to 7th place for the day, finishing right behind series leader Synjen Morraco.

"Sunday I felt like crap. Sleeping on the floor at a friend's house with a bum rib wasnt ideal for getting a good night's rest." Sunday's course featured a second beach run, but both runs were half rideable as opposed to Saturday's long single beach run section. Sunday's course was also much more twisting, making for what seemed like a slow race to watch. "The second run killed me, and I didnt have enough punch out of the corners. For how slow I felt, I guess 12th isn't so bad a result.

The weekend was enough to put Hunter into 22nd place overall in the series. Not too bad seeing as how he raced in only 4 out 10 of the series' races.

Look for Larry to be ripping it up at the Ice Weasel's race and perhaps both He and Hunter will be out at the New England Champs the following week.

No comments:

Post a Comment