Bethel Training Race #2

There was less of a team representation this week than for the first week of racing action in Bethel Here is the recap of Stephen Gibertoni's Category 3/4 and 1/2/3 race. 
"Was out for another Spring day of racing...37 degrees with 30mph gusts. 

My intention was to be aggressive, attacking early or instigating a break. After a few laps I went taking a few guys but we're caught about a lap later. I sat back in the group and watched a few counter attacks and took a little to long in the back of the pack when a stronger rider and two Expo guys got off the front. I worked like a dog with Jeff Weaver and a few Edge guys trying to get to the break but Expo did a great job slowing the chase. 

At the sprint there was another serious crash right in front on me. It was like The Matrix Reloaded, first the sound of spokes shredding each other, then seeing a guy inches from me flip over and his bike start flying toward my line. I thought I going down, but was able to stay up missing his bike by a few inches and making it over the line for 16th. Unfortunately the excitement wasn't over as a junior decided to take a left right in to me just after the finish line. We bumped, he fell and got an earful but was fine. 

I got right back on for the 123 race but race #1's work had me feeling it and I bailed after 10 laps."

Cat5

Dave Lawlor broke open his race season with a hard fought 16th place. Look for him to improve upon that in the coming weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.
    tubeless road wheels

    ReplyDelete